When you make the initial recurring donation to a charity through JustGive, you will have the option to cover processing fees on your donation. This means that you will pay to cover the 4.5% + $.35 processing fees that are normally deducted from donation to cover credit card fees and handling. During checkout, watch for the checkbox that says “Give the charity the full donation—I'll cover the processing fee.” When you choose to cover the fees, they will be added onto your donation amount, ensuring that the charity will receive 100% of your original intended donation. Then for each future recurring donation to that charity, the fees will also be covered.
You can choose to no longer cover the fees on a recurring donation by editing the recurring donation in your account. To remove the option to cover fees on a recurring donation, please do the following:
- Log in to your JustGive account. If you are already logged in, click the “View Donor Account” link in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down on the page and click on the “Recurring Profile” section
- Make sure the billing date is set to the first of the next month (e.g. if today’s date is May 15, 2015, be sure the next billing date is set to June 1, 2015).
- Uncheck the box next to “Give the charity the full donation—I'll cover the processing fee.”
- Click the “Update” button at the bottom to confirm your changes.
For future recurring donations to that charity, you will not be charged for the processing fees. It will be deducted from the amount of your donation.